LA LIGA - Real Madrid boss Ancelotti: "I'm not thinking about La Decimocuarta yet"
© photo Federico Titone/BernabeuDigital.com
Ahead of upcoming Champions League match against Inter Milan, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti stated:
"Quality and commitment are important things and we're demonstrating that. The good run we're on is down to these elements. Sometimes quality is outstanding compared to commitment and sometimes it's the other way around.
It's the history and tradition of this club, which is still the best club in the world and has won more titles, especially in Europe, thanks to this type of demands. If you play for Real Madrid you have think like this. It's true that we celebrated and enjoyed la Décima, but we weren't content and had to carry on because that's what this club and the fans demand from you.
Winning la Decimocuarta? I'm not thinking about that yet. I'm planning on keeping this good run going and preparing matches and the strategy. We're looking forward to tomorrow's game because it's at the Bernabéu against strong team that's playing well. It's a Champions League match and we want to win it. It's difficult to reach the end of this competition, but that's the objective. In the end or in the final, because if you want to win the Champions League you have to reach the final first.
I can't say if we're favourites or not. I can tell you that we will compete against all these teams thanks to the quality we've got. That's all, then we have to wait and see because if you want to win this competition you have to play against the best teams in the world. If your aim is to go all the way in this competition, it doesn't make much difference if you meet a strong team or not in the last 16 or quarter-finals, you have to compete. I don't know if we're going to win or not, but we're going to compete.
It's a high profile game for us for the reasons I said before. We're playing against a team that is playing very well and then we're playing for first place, that's important. Thirdly, we're playing at home with our fans. These are three important reasons to watch the match that I think will be interesting.
I want to demonstrate that I work well to help the team win. Personally I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I think that I've got a very young technical team and young people, like footballers, bring a lot of enthusiasm and a desire to learn new things. I feel very comfortable with this coaching team, because we combine the enthusiasm that they have and the experience that I have.
Militão is more positionally focused. He's improved a lot tactically. He has top individual qualities, he's very strong in the air, very strong in one-on-ones and he's imporived the partnership with Alaba and how he plays with the others in defence. Alaba fit in quickly because he's an intelligent player. He's adapted very well, he wanted to be a part of this team and he's doing very well. Since he's a very intelligent player, he combines very well with the others in defence.
It's not easy to compare because each year has its own unique story. It's true that in the second year at Real Madrid we weren't successful, but we came close because we got to a semi-final and came within one or two points of winning the league. The decisive factor was a period between January and February when things didn't go well, and part of that was the injury to Luka Modrić, who wasn't able to play much. Every year is diffierent and you can't compare them.
Brozovic is one of Inter's main players, but it's not just him. Inter are a team that moves well, and Brozović is very important. How do we stop him? We're definitely considering that, to have control in the defensive phase and in the attacking phase. I don't know what to say about my experience in Naples, it was my job to be in the Champions League. The Madrid derby? It's obvious that the priority is today. Today we're playing the game against Inter and not against Atlético, that will come on Sunday".
Other news - Liga
- 18.01.2022 18:22 - LA LIGA - Barcelona, trying to force Ousmane Dembélé to make a choice
- 18.01.2022 18:05 - PREMIER LEAGUE - Tottenham keen to strengthen at Djed Spence
- 18.01.2022 17:58 - officialBorussia Monchengladbach, Musel renews and moves to Belgium
- 18.01.2022 17:52 - officialAS ROMA, a new midfielder for the Under17 line-up
- 18.01.2022 17:50 - LIGUE 1 - Arsenal, Kolasinac finalising Marseille move
- 18.01.2022 10:03 - TMW - Newcastle keen on Gosens, Atalanta ready to agree
- 18.01.2022 09:57 - PREMIER - Newcastle United hope to sign Diego Carlos
- 18.01.2022 09:47 - MLS - Matuidi leaves Inter Miami on FREE transfer
- 17.01.2022 17:21 - transfersReading FC, Rafael agrees contract cancellation to return to Brazil
- 17.01.2022 16:55 - LIGUE 1 - Nice, Clermont to sign Lucas Da Cunha on loan
- 17.01.2022 16:38 - LA LIGA - Barcelona, Umtiti to undergo foot operation
- 17.01.2022 16:34 - officialInter, Satriano joins Brest: the photo of the Uruguayan tip after the signing
- 17.01.2022 16:27 - SERIE A - Arsenal-Udinese: Mari on the move
- 17.01.2022 16:11 - transfersValencia-Atletico: agreement for Wass transfer
- 17.01.2022 16:02 - transfersArthur-Arsenal: Juve do not change their mind
- 17.01.2022 15:45 - SERIE A - Juventus: Zaniolo is a real summer target
- 17.01.2022 15:24 - SERIE A - Inter, it's Satriano day at Brest
- 17.01.2022 12:30 - PREMIER - Man UTD, Van de Beek rejects Newcastle
- 17.01.2022 12:25 - PREMIER - Newcastle United, preparing a move for PSG keeper Navas
- 14.01.2022 17:32 - PREMIER - TOTTENHAM, offer four players in Traore bid
- 14.01.2022 17:13 - LA LIGA - Barcelona do not give up on Morata
- 14.01.2022 17:00 - officialParis Saint-Germain, Fadiga joins Olympiacos
- 14.01.2022 16:51 - SERIE A - Juventus, Allegri: "Dybala value beyond dispute, he is an extraordinary player"
- 14.01.2022 13:51 - FIFA Global Transfer Report 2021, growth in women’s football and transfers back to pre-pandemic levels
- 14.01.2022 12:30 - SERIE A - Venezia underdog side in talks with Portuguese veteran Nani
- 14.01.2022 11:27 - officialShakhtar reach agreement for David Neres
- 14.01.2022 10:47 - SERIE A - Juventus, Dybala could leave for free: Inter and Conte ready
- 14.01.2022 10:30 - LIGUE 1 - A further Italian club after Boubacar Kamara
- 14.01.2022 10:14 - PREMIER - Man UTD, van de Beek offered to Newcastle and Borussia
- 14.01.2022 08:30 - officialGetafe sign Mayoral and Villar from AS Roma
- 13.01.2022 09:00 - SERIE A - Two clubs after Torino backup winger Verdi
- 13.01.2022 08:00 - transfersJuventus, new plan for bringing Depay in
- 13.01.2022 00:00 - LIGUE 1 - Two Premier League clubs after AS Monaco playmaker Golovin
- 12.01.2022 12:00 - SERIE A - Hellas Verona, Casale tracked by two big clubs
- 12.01.2022 11:00 - officialSampdoria sign Conti from AC Milan
- 12.01.2022 10:00 - BUNDESLIGA - RB Leipzig approaching Angers up-and-comer Cho
- 12.01.2022 09:00 - SERIE A - AC Milan, two clubs after Gabbia
- 12.01.2022 08:00 - transfersMan. United backliner Bailly approached by an Italian club
- 12.01.2022 07:00 - BUNDESLIGA - Bayern Munich approaching Freiburg young powerhouse Schlotterbeck
- 11.01.2022 12:00 - SERIE A - Two clubs after mighty Venezuelan backliner Chancellor
- 11.01.2022 11:00 - officialMainz 05 sign Caci ahead of next season
- 11.01.2022 10:00 - officialStade Reims sign Cajuste
- 11.01.2022 09:00 - SERIE A - AS Roma keen on Spartak backliner Gigot
- 11.01.2022 08:00 - PREMIER - Wolves withdrawing Spurs opening bid upon Traoré
- 11.01.2022 07:00 - LA LIGA - Sevilla FC walking the last mile by Orsolini
- 11.01.2022 06:00 - transfersTorino captain Belotti turns down a Premier League club
- 11.01.2022 00:00 - transfersAn Italian club back after Chelsea playmaker Jorginho
- 10.01.2022 21:00 - SERIE A - Bologna tracking three different midfielders
- 10.01.2022 18:00 - SERIE A - AS Roma want Papastathopoulos in
- 10.01.2022 15:00 - transfersSouthampton dreaming of alumni of theirs Bale
- 10.01.2022 14:00 - LA LIGA - Darío Benedetto set to leave Elche soon
- 10.01.2022 13:00 - PREMIER - Arsenal, two clubs after Kolasinac
- 10.01.2022 12:00 - officialMarseille buy Pau Lopez back from AS Roma
- 10.01.2022 11:00 - SERIE A - Sampdoria in talks over Parma duo
- 10.01.2022 10:00 - PREMIER - Newcastle getting a break on Denayer
- 10.01.2022 09:00 - SERIE A - AS Roma, Sergio Oliveira set to join in
- 10.01.2022 08:00 - LA LIGA - 3 clubs after Sevilla FC experienced playmaker Gudelj
- 10.01.2022 07:00 - LIGUE 1 - PSG in advanced extension talks with Xavi Simons, but...
- 10.01.2022 06:00 - officialNapoli sign Tuanzebe from Man. United
- 10.01.2022 00:00 - LIGUE 1 - Clubs piling up after Lille playmaker Sanches
- 09.01.2022 19:12 - SERIE A - Inter Milan on the move for Lazio powerhouse Luiz Felipe
- 09.01.2022 14:24 - BUNDESLIGA - Freiburg, a new suitor turning up after Grifo
- 09.01.2022 09:36 - PREMIER - Two Spanish giants after Chelsea captain Azpilicueta
- 09.01.2022 04:48 - LA LIGA - Barcelona FC, eyes on Christensen
- 09.01.2022 00:00 - officialAS Roma sign Maitland-Niles from Arsenal
- 08.01.2022 20:00 - officialSampdoria sign Rincon from Torino
- 08.01.2022 16:00 - LIGUE 1 - Lille want Faivre in from Stade Brestois
- 08.01.2022 12:00 - BUNDESLIGA - 'Gladbach powerhouse Bensebaini tracked hard by...
- 08.01.2022 08:00 - officialMustafa Kapi joins Adana Demirspor
- 08.01.2022 04:00 - TMW/SERIE A - Torino back after Hellas Verona playmaker Bessa
- 08.01.2022 00:00 - transfersA new groundbreaking bid at prominent hitman Vlahovic
- 07.01.2022 22:00 - officialWatford sign Kayembe and Samir
- 07.01.2022 20:00 - PREMIER - Newcastle planning a run at Norwich playmaker Cantwell
- 07.01.2022 18:00 - LA LIGA - Celta Vigo enter the race after Gonzalo Villar
- 07.01.2022 16:00 - SERIE A - A further club after Bologna powerhouse Orsolini
- 07.01.2022 15:00 - SERIE A - Sampdoria, done for Venezuelan experienced pitcher Rincon
- 07.01.2022 14:00 - officialNabil Bentaleb joins Ligue 1 side Angers
- 07.01.2022 13:00 - PREMIER - Chelsea, lead on Barça full-back Dest
- 07.01.2022 12:00 - LIGUE 1 - Lyon playmaker Paqueta tracked by two clubs
- 07.01.2022 11:00 - officialBournemouth sign Hill and Laird
OFFICIAL - AS ROMA, A NEW MIDFIELDER FOR THE UNDER17 LINE-UP
AS Roma have signed from Teramo a midfielder born in 2006, Jacopo Surricchio. The young midfielder will join As Roma Under17 Youth Academy line-up.
Benvenuto nella nostra squadra Under 17 a Jacopo Surricchio, centrocampista classe 2006 proveniente dal...
PREMIER LEAGUE - TOTTENHAM KEEN TO STRENGTHEN AT DJED SPENCE
According to Sky Sports, also Tottenham are interested in the Middlesbrough wing-back Djed Spence. The player is currently on loan at Nottingham Forest from Middlesbrough, and he would remain at the Championship side for the rest of the season, as he has...
LIGUE 1 - ARSENAL, KOLASINAC FINALISING MARSEILLE MOVE
Sead Kolasinac is finalising a permanent move to Marseille. The deal will be completed when he has done a medical and agreed personal terms. It is expected the left-back will join Marseille on a free transfer, with Arsenal mutually terminating his contract. Kolasinac had...